Friday, August 03, 2007

Escaping from escapism

I've been going slightly crazy since Indietracks. You have to worry really, when you can't cope with real life because you've lived through a couple of days of intense indiepop action. Well, I am useless like that, the ultimate indiepop escapist. I'd sell my record player to buy records. That sort of thing.

The one thing that can keep me going when real life kicks in and I feel ridiculously lonely in my thoughts about how best to escape it, is discovering new songs. Yesterday my friend sent me an absolutely amazing song called 'I'm A Broken Heart' by American duo The Bird and the Bee. It got me rolling again for a bit. Their self-titled album also has another amazing song that's been rattling my brain all day today: 'Again and Again'. They're a bit like The Blow with some Au Revoir Simone, The Aluminum Group and Saint Etienne thrown in. A bit loungy pop electronica. Dunno. They're fucking brilliant, that's all I can say for sure.

No comments: